Paradise Found

Paradise Found - Vivian Arend There aren’t many authors who write ménage stories that I find really enjoyable, however Vivian Arend is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Paradise Found introduces Aussie resort manager Kylie’s brother Trent, his best friend Mason and their lover of one year Paige, a Canadian. Paige, Trent and Mason have enjoyed a no strings attached sexual relationship but they are also adventurers and have taken many outdoor tours together, hiking, kayaking etc. Paige is a pastry chef and after spending 5 years in Australia she is sticking to her original plan to return to Canada. The problem is that she has developed very strong feelings for her lovers and it is going to break her heart to leave them.

Trent accepted an invitation from his sister to spend the weekend at Bandicoot Cove as part of the ‘trial guests’ for the soft opening of the resort. Trent has helped and supported Kylie in her stressful managerial position (he doesn’t know what is going on in his sister’s personal life - lol), when he asks for a room big enough for 3 she assigns him one of the penthouse suites which is just out of this world. The opening scene of this novella is good sexy fun because Paige surprises Trent and fulfills one of his long held sexual fantasies. Then Mason arrives and he also enjoys some private time with Paige.

One of the things I really liked about this story is that Ms. Arend crafts a plot that allows the guys to spend equal amounts of time with their lover. Trent and Mason haven’t seen Paige in a couple of weeks because they work and live in different areas so their relationship thus far has been a series of rendezvous for their travels and sexual exploration. Trent and Mason have been longtime friends and communicate well. They both care deeply for the free spirited Paige and want more than a sporadic sexual romp with her. In fact, they have big plans and a special surprise for Paige. Trent and Mason are however unsure about whether she will want to be in a permanent unconventional relationship with two men. I really liked all three of these characters and the author made me want them to be together.

The love scenes in Paradise Found are extremely sensual and sexually explicit. Vivian Arend always manages to instill some fun sexual kink in her stories and this one is no exception. I’ll hint that it involves a unique piece of furniture situated in the penthouse, which is especially made to accommodate a threesome. Interestingly enough it is one of Paige’s guys that advised Kylie in it’s design. ;)

Ms. Arend develops intriguing secondary characters who I’m sure will be making appearances in the second and third installments of the series. Most notable is a certain sexy musician who is hired to play for the soft opening. There is also Mason’s lovely sister McKenzie and a number of friends.

Paradise Found provides emotional moments and conflict as Paige's belief that her lovers don’t want her around for the long term is reinforced when the cat is let out of the bag about the guys plans to take leaves from work and travel for 6 months. Since Paige hasn’t been privy to their plans, which have obviously been in the works for some time, she makes an emotionally charged decision to cut the weekend short and leave the island. The guys don’t know where she has gone and panic. I really felt Paige’s heartbreak and Trent and Mason’s turmoil when they discover her missing.

Ms. Arend crafts a lovely HEA for this threesome who find do find their paradise, but it’s not on Bandicoot Cove (which certainly is a little piece of paradise IMHO). I thoroughly enjoyed Paradise Found and am always impressed with Ms. Arend’s ability to craft a sensual, solid story into a novella. If you enjoy a sexy ménage a trois tale you may like to give Paradise Found a try. I’m looking forward to reading the next two novellas in the series.

3.5/5 Stars